Everyone should know their way around the toilet, especially when a plumber isn't available. Luckily, GreenTeam is always ready to assist you with all of your plumbing needs.
Just for the sake of knowledge, let's dive right into the parts of a toilet that we may not be familiar with!
2. Toilet Tank Float Ball - When the toilet is flushed, the float ball drops down, raising the valve plunger in the ballcock assembly and allowing fresh water to flow into the tank.
3. Tank Lift Wires - Lift the tank ball.
4. Toilet Tank Ball - Plugs the flush valve until the toilet is flushed.
5. Toilet Seat Hinge - Attaches the toilet seat to the toilet bowl.
6. Bolt Caps - Cover the bolts that secure the toilet to the floor.
7. Flange Bolts - Secures the toilet to the floor.
8. Wax Ring - Creates a seal between the toilet and the drain in the floor.
9. Angle Valve - A flow control device which helps control fluids that require directional change.
10. Flapper Tank Ball - An alternative to the Tank Ball.
11. Ballcock Assembly - A mechanism used to prevent overflow and blackflow in the tank.
12. Flush Lever and Handle - The mechanism pushed or turned to initiate the flush.
This may seem overwhelming, but don't forget, GreenTeam Plumbing is here to help!